Dijver 12 | 8000 Brugge
Google Maps (Street View)
From the Flemish Primitives to Modern Art
The permanent collection provides a rich and interesting overview of six centuries of the visual arts in the Southern Netherlands (which roughly corresponds to present-day Belgium).
Highlights include the world famous collection of Flemish Primitive paintings, gems of the renaissance and baroque masters, a selection of 18th and 19th century neoclassical and realistic works, milestones of symbolist and modern art, masterpieces of Flemish expressionism, and a varied selection from the collection of post-war modern art.
Vlaamse Kunstcollectie (Flemish Art Collection)
The Groeningemuseum is part of the Flemish Art Collection, a collaboration between three art history museums in Flanders: the Groeningemuseum in Bruges, the Museum for Fine Arts in Ghent, and the Royal Museum for Fine Arts in Antwerp.
• Address: Dijver 12 | B-8000 Bruges
• Open: Tuesday > Sunday: from 9:30 to 17:00 hrs
• Closed: Monday, 01/01, Ascension Day (afternoon) and 25/12
• Tickets 2013: € 8 (26-64 y.) | € 6 (12-25 and 65+ y.) | free -12 years
• Combiticket Historium + Groeningemuseum: € 15 (only on www.historium.be)