Sound Factory - Lantaarntoren
Concertgebouw, 't Zand 34 8000 Brugge
Google Maps (Street View)
This is the Bruggemuseum’s newest location, housed in the Lantern Tower of the concert hall. Devoted to contemporary culture and architecture in a historic city, the Sound Factory - Lantaarntoren invites you to look at the centre of Bruges today. The playful roof architecture and street pattern of the World Heritage city centre is literally spread out beneath your feet.
Inside the tower is the Sound Factory, a brand new music museum. Here, you can create city sounds through interactive sound art. The sound of chiming bells is also integrated into the pattern of sounds, creating a direct link to the other Bruggemuseum buildings and collections.
• Address: 't Zand 34 | B-8000 Bruges
• Open: Tuesday > Sunday: from 9:30 to 17:00 hrs
• Closed: Monday, 01/01, Ascension Day (afternoon) and 25/12
• Tickets 2013: € 6 (26-64 y.) | € 5 (>65 y. and 12-25 y.) | free under 12 years
• Workshops: www.sound-factory.be
Groups willing to visit the Sound Factory (with or without workshop), must make a reservation via email@example.com or +32 70 22 33 02 (Mo-Fr, from 16.00 to 18.30 hrs).