Tourist attractions for children
A lot of the children will definitely appreciate a boat trip on the canals or a horse-drawn cab tour.
The youngest among us can play to their heart's content in the city park playgrounds: Astridpark, Sebrechts Park and Visartpark.
There is even a guided walking tour for kids (only for primary schools!). Reservations required at least one week in advance at the "Westvlaamse Gidsenkring": Tel.: 050/34.65.46, Fax: 050/34.53.95, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some museums are greatly suitable for children:
For most children, climbing the 366 steps of the Belfry will be quite an interesting challenge. The Folklore Museum and Bruges' windmills will appeal to all children.
Also the museum Choco-story (chocolat museum) is worth visiting, www.choco-story.be.
The outskirts of Bruges.
There are also some interesting places to visit in the outskirts of Bruges :
• Toverplaneet, Legeweg 88, 8200 Sint-Andries, tel.: 050/31.89.50 (indoor playground) or +32 478 22 69 29, www.detoverplaneet.be.
• Speeldorp, Diksmuidestraat 5, 8000 Brugge, tel. 050/34.84.27, www.speeldorp.be
• Children's farm "De Zeven Torentjes", Canadaring 41, 8310 Assebroek, tel.: 050/35.40.43
• Boudewijn Seapark, A.Debaeckestraat 12, 8200, Sint-Michiels, tel.: 050/38.38.38 (theme park with dolfinarium), www.boudewijnseapark.be
• Provincial Estate Tillegembos (forest with playground and cafeteria)
• City Park Beisbroek (country park with planetarium), www.beisbroek.be
• Ryckeveldebos (forest with wildlife reserve) situated between Bruges and Maldegem.
In rainy weather you may decide to go swimming :
Swimming pool Jan Guillini, Lauwerstraat 15, 8000 Brugge, tel.: 050/31.35.54
The olympic swimming pool "Olympia", Doornstraat 110, 8200 Brugge, tel.: 050/39.02.00 (with slide)
Swimming pool Interbad, Veltemweg 35, 8310 Brugge, tel.: 050/35.07.77 (with slide)