Filming in Bruges5 x Brugge Top
1) For its medieval character: see beeldenbank Brugge and slideshow
2) For its accessibility: Thanks to its privileged location, Bruges can be easily reached by any means of transport. Click here
3) For its superb infrastructure: Bruges offers a wide range of accommodations, from low-budget to 4 star hotels. There is also a whole array of restaurants, ranging from traditional Flemish cooking to world cuisine (Japanese, Indian, African,…).
4) For its short distances: all locations are within walking distance from each other, which saves you a lot of time
5) For the professional and free service offered by the Bruges City Film Office
The beach resort of Zeebrugge is linked with its historical mother city of Bruges through the Baldwin Canal.
Zeebrugge boasts the widest beach of the Belgian coast. The dunes, the esplanade and the absence of huge appartment blocks give it its unique character. Zeebruges also has a small pleasure port and is known for its peace and quiet.
However, Zeebrugge is also famous for its international port and container terminals. It boasts some of the largest unloading cranes in the world, mooring places for majestic cruise ships and various ferry services to the UK.
Click here for some images.
This beach resort has featured in many commercials, reports, films and series (e.g. the Belgian soap Wittekerke).
Population: approx. 24,000
Surface: approx. 6 km2
Population: approx. 11 million
Surface: approx. 30,000 km2
Sea climate; average min/max t°: min 7,7 °C/ max 13,5°C